Wednesday 17 August 2016

Wed17Aug16: Winnipeg - Brandon, Manitoba (travel day)

Another restless sleep, huge room (by European standards) and cold (65F on the thermostat), but at least I was able to doze until after 6am so we'll see how this helps me adjust to the jet lag.  Currently down to the hotel restaurant for coffee while I edit my final photos and update my travel blog.  Although my reservation was to have the Brandon Air Shuttle pick me up here at 11am, I expect their office to phone the hotel and tell me to go to the YWG Airport instead - we'll see how good I am at saying "Come and get me!" if that happens.
Just after 11am, and another Olympic event has finished on the TV, so I head down to Reception to check on my Brandon Air Shuttle ride.  BAS driver is standing in the lobby, looking lost, wondering what to do next because the hotel Reception has no record of me.  Oh well, I tried.
Four passengers in the van this morning, and an uneventful drive along TCH#1 to Brandon in nice sunny weather.  Living the west end means that - once again - I'm the last to be dropped off.  Kathy has been working her home office and is there to greet me at the front door.  I'm home.

No comments:

Post a Comment